The P Trap is easy to install into your wall connected sink drain system.
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Remove old trap.
- Remove nuts A and D and washers B and C from inlet and outlet of J Bend.
- Before attaching wall tube to connector, slide nut D along tube to elbow.
- Slide flange over wall tube.
- Connect wall tube to wall connection. Note: For new installations be sure you have the proper adapter in the wall connection to accept the wall tube.
- Put washer C on wall tube.
- Attach nut A and washer B to tailpiece.
- Postion J Bend with tailpiece and wall tube. Hand-tighten nuts.
- Align parts and tighten with wrench. Run water to test for leaks.
- Slide flange to the wall.
- Since it traps items that may fall into the drain and blocks gases from the waste drain system, water and dirt will be present in the existing trap. Place a bucket under the old trap before attempting to remove it.
- Put thread sealant tape or pipe dope on the drain threads before attaching nuts. This will provide a better seal against leaks.
- Use a scrap of cloth to protect chrome finish on the nuts when you tighten with a pipe wrench.