1-1/2" J Bend 1-1/2" 20 Gauge
The J Bend is easy to install to your existing sink drain system.
Recommended procedure for installation
P or S type trap:
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Remove old J Bend.
- Remove new nut A and washer on tailpiece.
- Place new washer on wall tube or floor tube. Use old nut B as it is not removable unless a complete trap is being installed.
- Position J Bend. Tighten nuts. Run water to check for leaks.
- Since it "traps" items that may fall into the drain and blocks gases from the waste drain system, water and dirt will be present in the existing trap. Place a bucket under the old trap before attempting to remove it.
- Put thread sealant tape on the drain threads before attaching nuts. This will provide
a better seal against leaks.
- Use a scrap of cloth to protect the chrome finish on the nuts when you tighten with a pipe wrench.
Pipe or spud wrench (to remove old brass J Bend).
Pipe dope or thread sealant tape