1-1/2" Sink Trap J Bend 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" or 1-1/4" x 1-1/2"
The Sink Trap J Bend for connection to the wall with a Cast Outlet Elbow installs easily.
Recommended procedure for installation:
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Remove old J Bend.
- Remove nut A from inlet end of J Bend and select 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" or 1-1/2" washer to fit sink tailpiece.
- Put nut A and washer on tailpiece.
- Place J Bend into position.
- Hand-tighten nuts A and B. Run water to test for leaks.
These parts are designed for a hand-tight installation. Pipe thread compound is not required.
Since it "traps" items that may fall into the drain and blocks gases from the waste drain system, water and dirt will be present in the existing trap. Place a bucket under the old trap before attempting to remove it.
Pipe or spud wrench (to remove old brass)