1-1/2" or 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" Mastertrap P Trap
The Mastertrap P Trap installs easily to connect your kitchen or lavatory sink to your wall drain. Purchase the Marvel Connector (PP999) separately.
These parts are designed for a hand-tight installation. Pipe thread compound is not required.
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Remove old P Trap.
- Remove nut A from inlet of J Bend and select 1-1/4 x 1-1/2 or 1-1/2 washer B or C to fit tailpiece.
- Remove nut D from J Bend and slide complete length of wall tube.
- Assemble wall tube to J Bend.
- Place the Marvel Connector on the Schedule 40 Plastic Stub-out.
- Put nut A and washer on tailpiece and place tailpiece into J Bend.
- Place nut E and washer on the wall tube.
- Insert wall tube in Marvel Connector and tighten nut E. (If necessary, disconnect trap at nut D to adjust wall tube in and out and J Bend up and down or swivel left or right.)
- Mark the wall tube at point S.
- Set trap aside.
- Solvent weld Marvel Connector to the plastic pipe stub-out.
- Position wall bend in Marvel Connector and J Bend with tailpiece.
- Hand tighten nuts A, D and E securely. Run water to test for leaks.
Solvent weld procedure:
- Since it traps items that may fall into the drain and blocks gases from the waste drain system, water and dirt will be present in the existing trap. Place a bucket under the old trap before attempting to remove it.
Do not solvent weld any parts until all parts have been test-assembled.
- IMPORTANT: Ask your dealer for the proper solvent weld cement.
- Clean all foreign matter from both mating parts.
- Be sure schedule 40 stub-out is cut off square.
- Apply solvent weld cement to both mating parts.
- Join both parts with a twisting motion.
Pipe or spud wrench PP840-6 (to remove old brass trap)