1-1/4" P Trap Can be used with existing brass system
these parts are designed for a hand-tight installation Pipe thread compound is not required.
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Remove old P Trap.
- Remove nut A and washer from inlet of J Bend.
- Remove nut B from J Bend and slide complete length of wall tube.
- Assemble wall tube to J Bend.
- Put nut A and washer on tailpiece and place tailpiece into J Bend.
- Place nut C and washer on the wall tube.
- Insert wall tube in wall fitting and tighten nut C (if necessary, disconnect trap at nut B to adjust wall tube in and out and J Bend up and down or swivel left or right.)
- Position J Bend with tailpiece.
- Hand tighten nuts A, B, and C, securely. Run water to test for leaks.
Since it traps items that may fall into the drain and blocks gases from the waste drain system, water and dirt will be present in the existing trap. Place a bucket under the old trap before attempting to remove it.
Pipe or spud wrench PP840-6 (to remove old brass trap)