1-1/2" or 1-1/4" Repair Trap 1-1/2" or 1-1/4"
The Repair Trap installs easily to connect your kitchen or lavatory sink to your wall drain.
Recommended procedure for installation:
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Remove old trap.
- Remove nuts A and B and washers C, D, E and F.
- Put nut A on tailpiece and select 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" or 1-1/2" washer C or D depending on
diameter of tailpiece. Place on tailpiece.
- Position tailpiece into the inlet of J Bend and align trap with existing wall tube by moving
trap up or down and swiveling at nut G.
- Mark wall tube.
- Set trap aside.
- Before cutting wall tube, allow at least 3/4" of wall tube to slide into outlet fitting. Cut wall tube with hacksaw.
- Put nut B and 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" or 1-1/2" washer E or F on wall tube. Insert tube in outlet. Run water to test for leaks.
These parts are designed for a hand-tight installation. Pipe thread compound is not required.
Since it traps items that may fall into the drain and blocks gases from the waste drain system, water and dirt will be present in the existing trap. Place a bucket under the old trap before attempting to remove it.
Hacksaw (To cut old brass wall tube)
Pipe or spud wrench (To remove old brass trap)