Bath Drain Schedule 40 Trip Lever
Warning: Do not allow solvent cement to enter into schedule 40 tee cavity, this may obstruct plunger seat.
- Use solvent weld cement to connect overflow elbow, waste elbow and tee to overflow pipe and waste pipe. Per diagram.
Important: For proper installation, arrow on tee MUST be pointed in down position.(see diagram)
Note: Properly assembled, overflow tube should be vertial and at a right angle to bathtub.
- Attach sponge rubber gasket between tub and overflow elbow and insert tub tacks into slots on both sides of overflow to maintain location of overflow and gasket for future assembly of face plate.
- Screw in strainer intto waste elbow
- To install linkage assembly to the aproximate correct length place plunger on bottom of tub and asjust the length by screwing adjustable linkage control in the necessary direction. Note: hexnuts must also be asjusted. Correct length will be completed when the top hook of the eye wire is at the same level as the bottom of the tub overflow.
- Install plunger and linkage assembly through overflow elbow. Align faceplate even with the center of the overflow opening, insert screws through the face plate into threaded holes in overflow elbow.
- Test the linkage length adjustment to be sure the plunger reaches the bottom seat to shut off water in its down position and lifts far enough to allow free drainage in its up position
Test this setting, then tighten both hexnuts.
- Screw in domed strainer grid to complete installation.
Note when drain is properly installed, the waste elbow washer will be between waste elbow and tub.
KEENEY CATALOG APP
- Easily look up and find products
- Create work lists of favorite products
- View PDF catalogs and literature
- Connect with Customer Service