- Turn off water supply leading to work area.
- Open faucet or flush toilet to remove water existing in line.
- Remove old valve.
- Slide flange over copper stub-out to wall.
- Place compression nut and sleeve on supply tube.
- Attach shut-off valve to copper stub-out. Position valve to receive supply tube.
- Solder shut-off valve to copper stub-out at point X.
- Thread compression nut and sleeve to shut-off valve.
For a complete flexible water supply connection, follow instructions on supply tube cards.
Installation hints for soldering:
- Clean both tube and fitting to a bright metal.
- Apply solder flux to outside of tube and inside of fitting so that surfaces to be joined are completely covered.
- Apply flame to heat fitting and tube. Solder fitting until solder wire melts when placed at joint X.