The Iron Pipe Size Threaded Outlet Elbow is easily installed to attach your washing machine drain connection to a 1-1/2" threaded pipe stub-out or to connect an IPS Plastic Sink Trap to your stub-out.
Recommended procedure for installation for washing machine drain connection:
- Turn off water to washing machine.
- Remove the solvent weld elbow from Washing Machine Drain Connection and discard.
- Attach the slip nut on the IPS elbow (beveled side) to drain tube.
- Attach the second slip nut (flat side) to the threaded pipe stub-out. Hand tighten both nuts. Run water to test for leaks.
For IPS plastic sink trap purchase one J bend for P or S Trap:
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Discard nut and washers on the outlet side of the J Bend.
- Thread IPS Elbow (beveled side) onto J Bend.
- Remove nut A from inlet side of J Bend and select 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" washer.
- Put nut A and washer on tailpiece.
- Position IPS trap with elbow to stub-out and J Bend to tailpiece. Hand tighten nuts. Run water to test for leaks.
These parts are designed for a hand-tight installation. Pipe thread compound is not required.