1-1/2" Washing Machine Drain Connection 1-1/2" x 20-1/2"
Solvent weld procedure:
DO NOT SOLVENT WELD ANY PARTS UNTIL ALL HAVE BEEN TEST-ASSEMBLED.
- IMPORTANT: Ask your retailer for the proper solvent weld cement.
- Clean all foreign matter from mating parts.
- Apply solvent weld cement to both mating parts.
- Join both parts with a twisting motion.
Recommended procedure for installation:
For solvent weld connection
- Remove old drain connection, if any.
- Inspect Schedule 40 Plastic Pipe Stub-out to be sure it is clean and cut off square.
- Apply proper solvent weld cement to 90 elbow and to Schedule 40 Stub-out.
- Join with a twisting motion. Test for leaks with water.
These parts are designed for a hand-tight installation.Pipe thread compound is not required.
For connection to 1-1/2" threaded pipe stub-out
- Purchase 1-1/2" IPS Threaded Outlet Elbow.
- Loosen nut on solvent weld elbow and discard elbow.
- Replace with IPS Elbow. Tighten nut to drain tube.
- Thread outlet nut on elbow to pipe stub-out.
- Hand tighten. Test for leaks with water.
If a longer drain tube is needed, purchase a slip joint extension tube.
Pipe or spud wrench
(to remove old brass drain).