1-1/2" Sink Trap J Bend 1-1/2" 20 Gauge
The J Bend installs easily to a kitchen sink. For connection to a wall with an elbow. For a complete sink trap, purchase elbow for connecting to IPS or sweat and assemble as illustrated.
Recommended procedure for installation
P or S type trap:
- Turn off water at the tap.
- Remove old J Bend.
- Remove nut A from new J Bend and place on tailpiece as illustrated.
- Position J Bend. Tighten nuts A and B securely. Run water to test for leaks.
- Since it "traps" items that may fall into the drain and blocks gases from the waste drain system, water and dirt will be present in the existing trap.
Place a bucket under the old trap before attempting to remove it.
- Put thread sealant tape on the drain threads before attaching nuts. This will provide
a better seal against leaks.
- Use a scrap of cloth to protect the chrome finish on the nuts when you tighten with a pipe wrench.
Pipe or spud wrench (to remove old brass J Bend).
Pipe dope or thread sealant tape